Job Title: Technical Grant Writer
Organization: Purpose Health Care Africa
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Mode: Part time (largely remote)
Duration: One (1) Year with six (6) Month Probation period (Subject to renewal upon satisfactory performance).
Purpose Health Care Africa is looking for a well-dedicated Technical Grant Writer of any sex and gender , aged 20-42 years of age to contribute to the vision and mission of the institution.
About Purpose Health Care Africa (PHCAfrica)
Established in 2018 as a non-government entity currently operating in Uganda. PHCAfrica primarily focuses on health promotion, education and communication. Specifically, PHCAfrica scope encompasses Gender equity and social inclusion, climate health, risk communication and community engagement (RCCE), research and advocacy, community dialogue, capacity building of health workers and development of information, education and communication materials and messages.
The Technical Grant Writer will liaise with other partners, non-government organizations in the related field to map out various funding opportunities that serves the institution interests.
H/she will write proposals /grants to secure respective funding
The proposal writer will be under the direct supervision of the Research director.
Education qualification and experience
Bachelor’s degree in public health, social works and social administration, development studies or related field. A master’s degree in Public Health or a postgraduate diploma in project planning and management is an added advantage
Must have at least 3 years of experience in grant writing
Roles and responsibilities
The Technical grant writer will be typically responsible for the following tasks:-
- Researching funding opportunities: Proposal writer will conduct research to identify funding opportunities that align with the organization’s mission and goals. He will review funding guidelines and eligibility requirements to ensure the organization is a good fit for the opportunity.
- Gathering information: Proposal writer will gather information about the organization’s programs, services, and achievements to support the proposal. This may involve conducting interviews, reviewing financial documents, and analyzing appropriate data.
- Writing the proposal: The Technical proposal writer will be responsible for writing the concept and the proposal including the executive summary, statement of need, program description, budget, and other sections required by the funding opportunity.
- Editing and revising: The Technical proposal writer will write and revise the proposal to ensure it is free of errors and clearly communicates the organization’s objectives and capabilities.
- Attend conferences ,meetings that are meant to provide opportunities for funding and serve to promote the interests of the organization
- Communicating with clients and prospective donor to answer relevant questions and communicate with them on a regular basis
- Coordinating with team members: Proposal writer will work with team members, such as program managers, to gather information and ensure the proposal meets the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Submitting the proposal: The proposal writer will be responsible for submitting the proposal on time according to the guidelines set forth by the funding opportunity.
- Support writing of articles on trending topics of public health importance and all health events for publication on the website and other media
- Writing, research, and project management skills
- Strong communication skills
- Team building skills
The offer a attracts a wage of USD 70 per complete submitted proposal
Additionally, the officer will be provided with moderate monthly data to facilitate their role.
For every secured funding opportunity, the officer writer will be made part the project implementation team tagged with respective emoluments.
How to apply
All interested applicants should send their cover letters, academic documents and their grant writing portfolios addressed to the Human resource officer Purpose Health Care Africa, via email email@example.com, not later than Thursday, 6 April 2023.
Only PDF and word document format are strictly accepted
For information, visit:-
Facebook: Purpose Health Care Africa
Purpose Health Care Africa applies the equal opportunity principle in the recruitment process. Females are encouraged to apply
WARNING: Purpose Health care Africa reiterates that we do not charge any fee for any application. We therefore warn of any potential fraudsters who could impersonate as organization staff to solicit money from potential applicants.
For more information, call +256(0)393194828.